Various Benefits of Egg Whites That Your Body Can Get

Various Benefits of Egg Whites That Your Body Can Get

One of the contents of chicken eggs is a clear liquid that we usually call egg white. If examined, the efficacy of egg whites turns out to be quite a lot for health, all of this thanks to the content of various important nutrients in it.

About 90 percent of the total egg white content is water, and the remaining 10 percent is protein. Egg whites also contain potassium and sodium. In addition, another advantage possessed by egg whites is that they are low in calories but rich in protein. In fact, of the total protein in eggs, 67 percent of them come from egg whites.

Some Potential Efficacy of Egg White

In fact, egg whites are useful for providing nutrition for chick embryos in the egg. Another function is as a barrier to harmful bacteria so as not to interfere with the growth of chicken embryos.

Then, what is the use of egg whites for humans? Here are some of the health benefits of egg whites:

Help maintain weight

Efficacy of egg whites is believed to help maintain weight, especially for those of you who are on a diet. The high protein content in egg whites, with low calories and fat, is one of the good intakes consumed during the diet. Research shows that regularly consuming egg whites in the morning for breakfast, can make a person full longer.

Potentially lowers blood pressure

Efficacy of egg white is also thought to be able to lower blood pressure. According to research, the RVPSL peptide compound found in egg whites has the same effectiveness as the drug captopril in lowering blood pressure. RVPSL works by blocking the performance of the angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE). This enzyme is an enzyme produced by the body and can increase blood pressure. However, this research has only been done on mice and still needs further evidence to find out the same potential for humans.

Intake for muscle growth

High protein content is one of the main things of the benefits of egg whites for the body. Protein is an important component in forming and repairing body tissues. For athletes and anyone who undergoes regular strength training, adequate protein and carbohydrate intake is essential for the growth and repair of muscle tissue.

Clean face

Efficacy of egg whites can also be applied to the external body, such as the face. Egg white combined with lemon can be used as a mask that is believed to be effective in brightening and tightening the skin, as well as making pores appear smaller.
There are many benefits of egg whites. But unfortunately, not everyone is advised to consume egg whites, because some people may have allergies to eggs, especially egg whites.

In addition, it is recommended not to consume raw egg whites because they can cause food poisoning due to the Samonella bacteria. If you want to get the maximum benefits of egg whites, you can consult a nutritionist for more information.