Skin Care for Babies
UMMATIMES - Taking care of baby's skin is one thing that mothers should not forget. This is caused by a baby's skin that is very young and sensitive, which is susceptible to various elements of disease and various other disorders. Sometimes mothers forget about this baby care, because they see that the baby's skin is so smooth, soft and looks fresh, that they feel that baby skin care is no longer needed. Yes, this assumption is very wrong, baby's skin is very susceptible to prickly heat, allergies, rashes, irritation, etc., therefore the role of a mother or parent in maintaining the baby's health, especially regarding skin health is very necessary. In addition, severe infant skin disease (pathological examples) originally originated from an unhealthy environment and poor care for the baby's skin, therefore we try to share tips and ways of caring for baby skin that might be useful for parents who have babies.
Baby Skin Care
Bathing the Baby
- Pay attention to the temperature of the bath water, especially for newborns. The temperature should not be too hot or too cold.
- Clean the baby's skin from dirt that sticks to the skin such as food scraps, urine, and feces with water. Bathing twice a day will also help clean the baby's skin. If the activities and movements of your child or baby are very active, bathing can be done 3 times a day.
- At the time of the bath, pay close attention to the soap to be used. Soap that is good for baby's skin is a special soap for babies that is not too harsh and has a pH between 4.5 - 5 and try a little oily soap, this is to prevent irritation of the baby's skin. It is best if the rinse is done twice to clean the chemical. If there is irritation to a certain brand, you should switch to another brand, do not let it drag on.
- Areas such as between your fingers, armpits, and groin, should not be overlooked.
- The way to clean the genitals of baby girls and boys is different. In baby girls, wash the genitals from front to back or toward the anus using a cotton swab or wet washcloth. In baby boys, pull the foreskin slowly until the pee holes are visible, then wipe it off with a cotton swab or wet washcloth.
- Every time the baby has a bowel movement, rinse the anus and the surrounding area using clean, running water. Even if you are forced to use wet wipes or cotton, choose special baby wipes without alcohol. It is feared that alcohol can irritate the baby's skin.
- After bathing, use a soft towel to make it comfortable on the baby's skin.
- Use a special baby moisturizer in the form of a lotion or cream which functions to maintain or increase the water content in the skin, especially the outer skin (epidermis).
Selection of Baby Clothes and Diapers
- Choose clothes and diapers that are soft and thin, made of cotton or blends. Avoid nylon material, which generally makes babies stifling and sweats easily. This condition will easily invite germs or bacteria that easily cause rashes and itching. If the baby is able to scratch, the chances of being infected are even greater.
- Avoid clothes and diapers that are too tight because the baby's skin can hurt if the material is rubbed for a long time.
- Change baby's clothes immediately if they get dirty. Whether it's vomit, food spills, especially if it's exposed to feces or urine. Skin contact with feces and urine for a long time will cause diaper rash.
- Wash baby clothes with liquid soap because the chemicals in powder detergent are generally harsher. If this detergent is left on the clothes, it is very possible that it will irritate the baby's skin. Mothers can also use cream soap as long as the soap is first mixed with water and becomes liquid. Freshener is not recommended. What is worrying is not the contact of the perfumed liquid with the baby's skin, but the aroma that can be inhaled into the baby's body. Just so you know, the aroma contained in clothing fragrances contains chemicals.
Use Cosmetics That Are Safe For Babies
- Check the cosmetics that will be used first, including the content, purpose, method of use, date of production, expiration period and legality permit.
- Use baby cosmetics according to the rules listed
- Do not use excessive use of baby cosmetics, this will clog the pores which can cause a rash
- Use powder and telon oil after bathing all over the body to keep the baby's skin from irritation, besides that the use of this telon oil can prevent babies from insect bites because of the pungent smell that insects do not like.
- Do not use cosmetics that contain alcohol, because it is feared that it will make the baby's skin irritated more easily.
- We recommend that you consult a doctor first to a doctor before using cosmetics for babies or ask for suggestions on types of baby cosmetics that are safe for babies.
Protect Babies from Exposure to Daylight Sun.
- If the baby must be dried in the sun to get extra vitamin D for bone growth, do it under nine in the morning.
- If you live in a location with a high enough level of pollution, especially in big cities, it is advisable to dry the baby before 8 am
- Avoid direct exposure to the baby from the afternoon sun, direct sunlight is susceptible to skin cancer.
- If you want to take the baby out of the house, use protection such as an umbrella or hat. Sun protection cream (sunblock) can be used as long as you consult your doctor first. Be careful not to hit your little one's eyes, mouth and palms.
Create a Healthy Environment for Babies
- Clean the nursery that will be used.
- Create an appropriate room temperature or environment that makes the baby comfortable. The environmental temperature that is not right for your little one will make his skin react, for example, immediately a red spot appears.
- Pay attention to the ventilation of the nursery. The ventilation of the nursery should not be too wide nor too narrow. The changing air condition in the nursery is good enough for the baby. In addition, some cases of prickly heat that occur in babies can be treated with a cool environment
- If the baby's room temperature is deemed too hot, you can use an air conditioner or fan, but try not to direct it towards the baby.
- Avoid using any type of mosquito repellent, if you want to prevent your baby from being bitten by mosquitoes, just use a mosquito net. It is feared that the poison contained in the insect repellent will harm the baby itself
- Trim baby's nails regularly. Baby nails that are not properly maintained often cause problems for the baby's skin. For example, long nails will be easier for dirt to enter. If the baby scratches his body, it is very likely that infection will occur. For that, cut the baby's nails regularly.
Post a Comment